Social Media – Looking for Inspiration!
Recently I’ve been looking for social media inspiration – ways others are doing it and how can I adapt that for myself and/or my job. I troll the regular outlets – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. looking at the posts from others seeking out ideas, suggestions or just what others are posting to find out what might work for me.
Here are 5 people I’ve been following that have given me many little nuggets of knowledge over the last few months (some years ):
- Kate White – (Twitter @katemwhite) author of “I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This” and formerly Editor-In-Chief at Cosmo magazine. I just love her posts, her book sand her writing in general. After following her on Twitter she inspired me to go out and buy one of her books so if that doesn’t prove she will grab your attention I don’t know what does!
- Pam Moore – (Twitter @PamMktgNut) Forbes TOP 10 Social Media Influencer from Orlando Florida. She always shares info that is for many different sectors and many different areas of interest. From Facebook to Google+ to the various articles on her website I always find something to retweet or save to my reading list.
- Tony Elischer – (Twitter @tonyelischer) Fundraiser from thinkcs.org in Great Britain. I saw Tony speak a few years ago in Toronto and I just loved him. His energy is so contagious it will make you want to go out and start fundraising. He always finds interesting and unique campaigns to feature that really make you think about what you are doing.
- Glen Gilmore – (Twitter – @GlenGilmore) Forbes Social Media Influencer & TIME Man of Action. I just recently starting following him and I don’t even recall why or where I first seen one of his posts. He always has amazing tips on how to improve your Facebook Posts, your Tweets and again lots of relevant info that can be used across many different sectors.
- John Haydon – (Twitter – @johnhaydon) Author and looks at digital marketing for smart nonprofits. I always find the newest trends and upcoming changes for various social media from John’s posts. Plus he does amazing webinars on various topics and I’m always wishing I had more time in the day to participate in them all!
I always love checking my Twitter feed to see what they’ve been researching, working on or just plain interested in posting. So I encourage you to find those people, organizations, publications etc that will inspire and motivate you to utilize your online tools.
And I’m sure you have others…who do you like? Who do you follow and retweet? I’m always on the look-out for more.
Tags: cause marketing, charity, Facebook, fundraising, Glen Gilmore, information, inspire, Instagram, John Haydon, Kate White, Marketing, marketing tips, nonprofit, Pam Moore, Social Media, trends, Twitter